Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Visit to Soldier Field

What a busy weekend.  After the concert and the Vandy game we arrived at the event Darren was most excited for, the Bears opening day game against the Colts!  I was also pretty excited since I had never in my 31.75 years been to Soldier Field!

The beautiful skyline!


Up close of the sta


We met up with some of Darren's friends and started tailgating before 9:30am!  Thank goodness for bloody mary's and Italian beef!


The Bears drumline made a visit to our tailgate spot.


 The Bears being introduced.


A little hard to see, but the Bear next to the orange flag is Brian Urlacher.


Jim Cornelison the Blackhawk's famed singer sang the National Anthem.  The crowd was roaring!


The flyover was a huge slow flying bomber jet.



We had great seats, super close to the action.  I was so spoiled, I'll never want to sit in the nosebleeds again!



The Bears mascot all decked out in Mr. T fashion!


The Bears kicked butt, 41-21.  Awesome seeing Andrew Luck's first game but glad we shut them down!


1 comment:

Jayna said...

Hey! I've been there! But it was for a U2 concert. =) Those were some of my last scrapbook pages. =)