Monday, June 14, 2010

DMK

Friday night, Kevin and Beth took us to a Burger restaurant called DMK Burger Bar, in the Lincoln Park.  The burgers were great and made with all grass-fed beef.  Darren and I couldn't decide so we split two burgers.  One had cheddar/bacon/balsamic reduction/red onions/BBQ sauce and the second with blue cheese/chili-rubbed onion strings/spicy chipotle ketchup.  The cheddar one was awesome! They also had specialty fries which were good but didn't blow me away.

All weekend it was bugging me because I felt like I had heard about this place, but I couldn't figure out where.  Turns out the DM stands for Daniel Morton of Morton's Steakhouses and the MK is for Michael Kornick chef at MK restaurant, also in Chicago.  MK was actually one of my first real "fine dining" experiences right after high school.  I still remember the squid I had there which was unbelievable.

All in all, a great duo of chefs making some tasty burgers.  Give the place a shot sometime if you get a chance.

No comments: