Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 15 - Phuket

After two crazy busy days in Bangkok, we were excited to spend a few days and get some rest and relaxation in Phuket.  Our first stop was the pool.  We were reading and napping and were startled by a lot of noise behind us.  We turned around and found an elephant within feet of us.  It was a kid still, about 5 years old, but an elephant!

This elephant was particularly fond of giving hugs and kisses.  These kisses were very slobbery!  As you can see Darren was a bit surprised to get his elephant hug.


After a day in the sun, we were ready for a good Thai meal.  We scoured the beachfront restaurants for a good meal and settled on a place with this beautiful view.

After ordering some fresh, as in they asked if I wanted to select the fish, seafood, I got the surprise of my life.  Darren proposed!!! I was not expecting it at all and had a hard time picking my chin up off the table! Of course this was the one day the whole trip I had forgotten my camera so I had to resort to my cell phone camera for these pictures celebratory.


Right after Darren proposed, an elephant walked right in front of us on the beach.  A symbol of good luck in the Thai culture.


And after dinner, I had to take one more picture, just in case the cell phone pictures didn't turn out.

1 comment:

Jayna said...

That elephant is so cool!

And congratulations AGAIN! (To go along with the blog post!)