Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wicked

Last night Sarah, Jon and I went to see wicked.  It was my second time seeing it but I think I liked it better this time around.  It just amazes me how well Gregory Maguire was able to write this book that so perfectly tied up all the loose ends and made it so effortlessly flow into the real story of The Wizard of Oz.

I have learned a couple of tidbits of interesting information since the last time I saw the musical:
  1. Gregory Maguire named the Wicked Witch of the West Elphaba as a tribute to the author of The Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum. L. F. B. became El Fa Ba or Elphaba.
  2. Due to copyright laws, they are not allowed to mention Dorothy's name in the musical, so they refer to her as "the girl who blew in on the cyclone" or "the little girl."
If you haven't seen it yet, GO NOW!! You won't regret it!


1 comment:

Jayna said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!