Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cake--- Fail

Last night I tried baking a cake for Sarah's birthday party tonight.  It was supposed to be a chocolate chip cake with milk chocolate chips and flakes of German chocolate in it.  I cooked it for at least 55 minutes and by all indications was done.  The crust was golden brown, the edges pulling away from the pan and the tooth pick came out clean.

I took the cake out and let it cool.  Once cooled, it looked funny because the whole middle had caved in on itself.  I tried to salvage it as you can see in the picture but the center was still completely gooey.  It has since landed squarely in the trash can and another, better cake was produced.  Picture of it to come but until then enjoy the sight of my cake fail!


1 comment:

Jayna said...

You're just a cake baking machine. Look at all your cakes over the last few posts!!