Monday, May 6, 2013

New York - Architecture

Growing up in Chicago gave me an appreciation for architecture.  Well being in New York it is like architecture on steroids.  Even compared to Chicago, the buildings were just immense.  I've only been to New York once before but I could completely see us living there for a year.  Fingers double crossed!  Would be amazing!

Friday Darren had his interview so I went out exploring on my own and kept finding myself staring up!  Up first I walked down the street from our hotel to the Chrysler Building.  At one point this building was in tallest in New York but now is tied for 4th with New York Times building but behind the almost finished One World Trade Center tower, Bank of American tower and the Empire State Building.



From there I went to Grand Central terminal to get a breakfast.  I was hoping for a lox and bagel sandwich and was not disappointed.  What a beautiful building!

 
 
 

 I also spent some time walking around Rockafeller Center.  While I wasn't able to get up early enough to go to the Today Show I did want to walk around the plaza.  I was glad I did because the next day they had all the beautiful flower beds torn up and were planting rose bushes.  The tulips were beautiful!

 
 

Another New York icon I was glad to see was the Flat Iron building.  We walked passed it by happenstance but how interesting of a shape!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Those are some cool pictures!

Jayna said...

I recognize some of those places! =)