Friday, December 11, 2009

A Trip Back in History

In August I went to Washington DC to visit Jenny who I hadn't seen since New Years Eve. We spent the weekend catching up.  When I wanted to do something "touristy" on my trip, she suggested going out to Mount Vernon, George Washington's summer home.  I had never been and she hadn't been since elementary school.  We spent a beautiful summer day walking around the grounds, admiring the view of the Potomac River and marveling at the beauty of a house built so long ago.  The only drawback is that they charge for admission where virtually everything else in the city is free.  It is $15 and now they even have a tour that takes you "behind the scenes" from National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (for an additional $5).  I wish I had that this summer because that would have been really neat as well!


1 comment:

Jayna said...

I really love this page. It must have taken you forever!!