Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Biltmore Estate

The one thing I wanted to do while in North Carolina was visit the Biltmore Estate.  I had been once when I was much younger and fell in love with everything Vanderbilt as a result.  Many years before I would attend Vanderbilt University!

Some of the details reminded me so much of Harry Potter like this clock tower.


And this courtyard looks like it is from a movie.


Unfortunately pictures were not allowed inside so I went a little crazy taking pictures of details outside.


These pictures were taken from the side yard.


One of many sculptures around the house and grounds.


The gargoyles on the front of the house.


And beautiful pictures of the front.

1 comment:

Jayna said...

I can see the Harry Potter comparison! It reminded Lydia of the Beast's house in Beauty and the Beast.