Saturday, December 31, 2011
Wow 2011 was a busy year! A quick recap since my blogging is woefully behind.
A new job which I was not enthusiastic about but getting back in the groove proved easier than expected. It's just a job but making the most of it... Kicking butt and taking names. :)
A new home in a new state. A move which I dreaded has turned out to be really nice. People come visit, we will make Indy fun!!
Moving in with Darren.
Yet the year was not without some sadness. We had to say goodbye to Darren's dad and grandma. Also said goodbye to some others we considered family. But said hello to some new family too: Marc - Heather's husband and Taylor (to-be), my cousin Emily and her husband's first child due in February.
We saw a lot of friends get married: the Bateman's, the Moore's, the Wilcox's, the Luther's, the Montgomery's and the Fletcher's. Sadly we did miss the Wilson's wedding earlier this week.
We saw one friend have their first baby: Baby Annie born in May to the Thomas'.
We did a lot of traveling, especially during the first half of the year, hitting 4 new countries including China, Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau.
I'm looking forward to 2012 and what it brings especially OUR wedding and babies for at least 4 family members/friends.
I set a few 2012 resolutions... Nothing earth shattering. I'm just hoping if I write them down, I might stick to them. I'm sure if I write them down, Darren will hound me about sticking to them as well. My hope at least.
1. Going to attempt the photo of the day. We shall see if I abort around January 5. :)
2. Catch up on blogging, the sooner the better!
3. Try to scrapbook more frequently. I think I will set the goal at at least 52 pages. I hope to double that but having a goal will be great.
4. I got 2 new cookbooks to add to my ever expanding collection. I'm going to try to cook 52 new recipes from various sources in 2012. I'm going to have the goal of one per week since with work and travel that will be too hard. We will shoot for an average of one a week by year-end. Too bad I couldn't start this week since I tried 3 new ones this week! :)
5. Do something more active. Not sure the plan yet, but get to doing something active, hopefully with Darren.
I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. Every year we hope life will slow down a bit so we can enjoy things more, but it seems that never happens. So instead, let's all embrace the roller coaster we are on together and make sure we smile since we know our picture will be taken at the bottom of the steepest hill.