Friday, August 21, 2009

CPA Success!

As most of you all know I’ve been working towards becoming a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) for what seems like forever… Well maybe more like almost 5 years now. It has been a long, slow, process, to say the least! To qualify you have to take and pass the 4 exams; Financial Accounting & Report, Auditing & Attestation, Business Environment & Concepts and Regulation within an 18 month period. This was significantly less challenging once I left the world of 55-70 hour work weeks in public accounting to much more laid back 40ish hour work week at Community Health Systems! (Shout out to my quasi-new Company!)

At 10:15am this morning the light bulb in my head went off that today could be the day that I find out if I am done studying for this blasted test! All week I kept intentionally forgetting that this day was coming. I held my breath and clicked the bookmark that had been in place, ready for this day, for over a month. The link opened and ta da, an 82!!! I passed!!! I have now passed all 4 sections in the allotted 18 months with over 3 months to spare! First a squeal of happiness then I proceeded to run around the office hugging everyone! And then I let out a sigh of relief that all the stress I had be holding on to for the past 5 years about this one single test diminished with the sight of that wonderful number… 82… :)

1 comment:

Jayna said...

Woo hoo! So excited for you!! Congratulations!!